We’re Here to Help!
Our behavior modification plans along with prescription medications will help you, help yourself!
- We have the ability to write for prescription medications.
- You will see one of the counselors or providers pictured below every time you come to the Medical Weight Loss Center.
- Each appointment is one on one with a provider who can guide, encourage and treat YOU individually.
- We do not require you to sign any contracts or require payment up front before services are performed.
- We will empower you to become the person you know you can be.
- We will give you the tools that you need to become the healthier, happier, thinner person you want to be.
- We offer a “one stop shop” where you can be prescribed medications, have them dispensed and get a great price on them without having to go to the pharmacy.
- With weight loss, we can safely help decrease your risk of many medical problems as seen on our weight loss information page.
- We offer a significant amount of informative handouts that can guide you to continuous and successful weight loss and then weight control.
- We only require monthly appointments to keep you on track and check on your medications. We do not require weekly meetings or group settings, but we will give you information about meetings that can help certain individuals overcome additional problems that may be contributing to their weight gain.
- If you choose, we will communicate with your family physician to keep them apprised of your weight loss.
Who We Are
Dr. Paul Baughman
Dr. Paul Baughman graduated in 1993 from Lycoming College. He went on to obtain his medical degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his Family Practice Residency at Pinnacle Health Systems in Harrisburg. Dr. Baughman practiced primary care medicine for 15 years before advancing his training at Harvard’s Blackburn Course going on to become board certified in Obesity Medicine. Dr. Baughman now deals exclusively with weight management and illnesses related to or causing obesity and weight gain.
Dr. Baughman is now one of only a few physicians in Pennsylvania to hold a Board Certification in Obesity Medicine -and the ONLY Board Certified Physician in the Scranton – Wilkes Barre area that works solely in the area of non-surgical weight management! He holds both a certification in Family Practice and Obesity Medicine. Consultations can be scheduled through the Mind Body App, online through the website or by contacting our office. Dr. Baughman will have appointments available starting in mid-February.
Lauren Kropa, PA-C
Lauren Kropa PA-C graduated in 2007 from King’s College’s Physician Assistant Program with a Masters’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies. She is certified by the NCCPA and licensed under the Pennsylvania State Board of Osteopathic Medicine. She has been practicing with Dr. Baughman since October of 2007. Lauren practiced family medicine for 7 years, but always had a passion for helping patients lose weight. She opened the Medical Weight Loss Center of Harrisburg in 2014. Now Lauren is excited to have the opportunity to return to her hometown and help open the Medical Weight Loss of Pennsylvania. Consultations can be scheduled through the Mind Body App, online through the website or by contacting our office. Lauren will have appointments available starting in mid-February.
Chelsea Gernak, Lead Clinical Dietitian
Chelsea graduated from West Chester University with a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics. Chelsea brings an energy to the practice in addition to a unique skill set which compliments the other providers’ knowledge of medications and exercise physiology.
Chelsea has extensive experience teaching lifestyle modification and skills as well as with the commercial and medical products available to manage and facilitate weight loss. Chelsea is responsible for developing meal plans, monitoring progress, and streamlining the patient experience.
She works to empower others to achieve their physical and mental health goals. As such, Chelsea provides guidance in:
- Meal planning
- Food preparation
- Choosing natural sweeteners
- Interpretation of My Fitness Pal data
- Analysis of Health App data
- Review of Fitness App data
- Interpretation of food diaries
- And much more
Chelsea can address these issues as well as provide daily caloric needs, strategies for dealing with food allergies, food choices for fighting disease states, and more.
While Chelsea does not prescribe medications, she facilitates medication management through Dr. Baughman and Lauren Kropa, PA-C once a doctor-patient relationship has been established.
Consultations can be scheduled through the Mind Body App, online through the website or by contacting our office.